Friday, January 9, 2009

sometimes you just can't help what you feel....

i'm pretty involved with things at my school
for whatever reason i got tied into an organization
which eats up a lot of my time and energy
three of my 'staff' left this organization at the beginning of this year
leaving me with three times the work, most of which i didn't know how to do
its taken pretty much all year to get things quazi sorted out...
and i know, i know, i've probably taken on too much,
but i've been asking for help
not always receiving it, but i ask.
and it been challenging when people aren't willing to help when i need it,
but i've tried not to hold it against anyone.
i got myself into this role and the internship that came with it, so suck it up right?
and most days, i do. i took on what i did and that's life.
well, i didn't take on having to fulfill the extra roles when others walked away because it
"is too much"
but i've tried to shoulder it as much as i can
and have tried not to have things at this organization suffer
but there's still only one of me.
so it still hurts when someone makes snide comments about how long its taken "they"
to change things that i'm responsible for.
and i know they didn't mean to make me upset
but i still am
there's just one of me,
and to be honest,
i'm kind of drowning.
and i can only take being told 'no' to so many times when i've asked for help.
so i'm really looking forward to the end of january
because i'm stopping caring then
my contract might not be completely up,
but my signature doesn't guarantee i'm going to give a shit anymore.
because i'm the only me there is,
and i need to focus more on me,
and less on caring what other people think.

4 comments:

Soaking up the Sun said...

I am here to help. You haven't asked yet. If you still need help, let me know.

Shop Girl* said...

I think you are fabulous and that you have worked miracles with the organization. I didn't know people left--what can I do to help? I know all the programs inside and out. I'd be happy to fill in wherever I can. xo

Grey Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Ladies, I really do appreciate it. I'm trying to keep the work within the OT and I'm slowly getting more success. I think we'll make it after all :) (slowly, but surely)
Shop Girl, if you have some free time, would you be able to take a look at our website? I'd like to add more details about the upcoming conference, but alas, I just don't have the time to work on it at all. I have the passwords etc for it & Weebly is easy to use, but I just can't think about it... Let me know if thats do-able at all :) No worries if it isn't!

Shop Girl* said...

Send me the info and I can try and take a look at it this weekend!!! :)